Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Here's a memory of my grandma....she used to chew wrigley's spearmint or juicy fruit and when she was tired of chewing it but not done with it, she would roll it in a little ball and set it on the counter, like on the ledge of her recipe holder....later she would return to it and chew it again. That always made me laugh!

Today I am working on thank you's from our wedding showers--finally!! It really is quite amazing how giving and generous people are when you are getting married, it really blows me away. I love writing thank you notes b/c you can really thank people and leave comments with people that you don't talk to on a regular basis and everyone loves to get thank you cards.

Does anyone have days where they ask themselves, am I really making a difference in the lives of others? I was having one of those days and then I got an email from a friend in Des Moines who thanked me for ministering to him and teaching him more about God by the way I lived my life...I again am completely humbled and blown away and was really encouraged by that...so my encouragement to everyone today is that even when you don't feel like it, know how it's happening, and don't see it, God is ALWAYS using us in the lives of others...we just have to be available.

No comments: